Monday, September 7, 2009

Walking back to Work

After eleven weeks, I went back to work. It had been a "wouldn't-trade-it-for-the-world" summer sabbatical. And it was time to go back to the company that (gratefully) allowed me the opportunity.
Now, this wasn't as difficult as you may guess - I genuinely like my job and my colleagues. And the new apartment is about a twenty minute walk away, the weather was beautiful, and I was looking forward to seeing friendly familiar faces... laughing because of the prank they'd been planning.
I knew something was in the works and those I spoke with during my break were perfectly silent. No one leaked - they would make a pretty good set of spies. The prank itself was pretty good too - no detail was overlooked.



An email was sent in the morning to our larger team...
"So here are some photos of what happened to Laura's desk while she was gone. It shrunk!!!"
The "Creating of" my new desk

It was a fun first day - at my new improved desk all day long! and with many visitors coming to see what had happened.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun crew to work with! They will put it back...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how long was it until your desk was back to normal? You must have had a real fun day that day. :-)

    ReplyDelete