Sunday, April 3, 2011

Office chatter

Last Friday night I was leaving the office and bumped into two (young) guys on my floor as I was leaving. One of them I know is a church-goer (colleague 1). The other I know is culturally Jewish (colleague 2).

"Hey guys - what's going on?"

"Hey lg - not much. Any plans for the weekend?"

"Yeah, tonight my friend invited me to her church, there's a concert there,"

"Church?" says Colleague 2, "Seriously, church on Friday night?"
Colleague 1 & I exchanged glances. "It's not exactly a bad thing," says I.

Colleague 2 "What else are you doing this weekend?"

"I start a pottery class tomorrow morning, I'm kind of excited about that." I said

"Oh my gosh I just fell asleep listening to your weekend. Seriously? Church and pottery?" colleague 2 says

"Well," I ask, "What are you up to?"

Colleague 2: "I'm going to my friend's 25th birthday. There's an open bar so that should be good. You should go out and get trashed. That's what I think you should do this weekend."

Me: "Well, you should go to church, that's what I think you should do this weekend."

"Touche, touche...."


No comments:

Post a Comment