Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Prayer Walking

When I feel busy I feel like I "don't have time to pray". Silly, really, in light of the fact that God gives us all we need to do all He asks (reference 2 Cor 9:8).
But today as I was (speed) walking home through Washington Sq Park, I saw two guys sitting on the concrete fountain rim, talking. And I thought, "That could be two friends from church, talking about God, talking about how to follow Jesus, how to love God and others." And I began praying for them, that they would talk about the weighty matters of life, that they would come to discuss life purpose and meaning. Then I passed two women sitting on a wooden bench, talking. And I began praying for them, too. That they would be encouraged and challenged to really ponder what life is about.

There is a song called "God of this City" which sings:
"You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people"

I do pray for New York City, that more see Him and His work and His love for His people.